The Delegations of German Industry and Commerce in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Hong Kong and Taipei represent the Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce in Greater China and are part of the global network of German Chambers of Commerce Abroad (AHK). On behalf of the Federal Republic of Germany, they represent the overall economic interests of Germany, focusing on the promotion of bilateral trade and investment. They work in close cooperation with the German Chamber of Commerce in China and the German Industry and Commerce Greater China Co. Ltd. to provide support for German enterprises and their local partners.
|About this job:
To support the Delegation’s tasks and activities in our office in Beijing we are currently looking for an experienced and committed
- Regularly monitor current documents which are relevant to Chinese-German trade and investment relations (government programs, legislation initiatives, official statements in the local media etc.). Make an (initial) assessment of the possible relevance of such documents for the work of the Delegation of German Industry and Commerce Beijing. Prepare / edit the information gathered from such documents in order to support the work of the Delegation.
- Monitor the BRI and other governmental initiatives for international cooperation, achieve essential knowledge on current projects, and collect information on the chances, challenges and participation possibilities and conditions for German companies
- Work closely with the GCC and GIC, e.g. in regard to economic analysis, media related enquiries, or business services
- Carry out other tasks assigned by the Delegate of German Industry and Commerce
- Bachelor or Master degree in Politics, Economics, Law, Sociology, Public Relations Management or another academic field relevant for this position
- Familiar with national economic, industry and technology policy, mastering the relevant methods of policy research and industry investigation, having market analysis and judgement ability
- At least 5 years of working experience in a similar or related field
- Deep understanding of government and central government departments, familiar with the relevant government department’s work flow.
- Ideally having a solid network and extensive knowledge of the political, economic, societal and legal framework conditions in China
- High integrity and in-depth knowledge of how to collect, collate and analyze information from government and other institutions in China
- Chinese native speaker, fluent in either English or German, both spoken and written
- Excellent communication skills
- Organized working style, able to work independently
|How to apply:
If you are interested in this position please send your application to “email@example.com” in English or German. Please insert the title “Senior Policy Researcher” in the subject line and attach all relevant application documents (CV, motivation letter including salary expectation, university certificates, employer references etc.) in one small size pdf file.
We are looking forward to your application!