“Villa Castanea” is a german-style garden restaurant which perfectly combines western cuisines with house-made German beer product “Kaiserquell”. It is located between Jade Spring Hill and Fragrant Hill, near the Summer Palace. The design of Phase I took one whole year and was under the art direction of Mr. Jens Weber. The result is obvious: The unique architecture is surrounded by a natural style garden landscape. The restaurant has an area of over 16000 square meters. The restaurant has a sitting area for 15o guests and individually designed VIP function rooms for up to 20 guests each. As a highlight our guests can enjoy our terrace and the garden area, also designed for weddings and other selected events.
|About this job:
- Plans and supervises the day to day operations of the Restaurant to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, standards and aiming at satisfying and exceeding the clients’ expectations.
- Establishes and reviews the standards of performance, in line with the operating concept of the restaurant, which contribute to an attentive and distinctive experience that leaves our clients inspired.
- Participates in the selection of all reporting staff. Motivates them to bring about excellent performance, enforces discipline when required and evaluates their performance once a year.
- Identifies the training needs, assists in the development of a training plan and the implementation of the training activities and follows up to ensure compliance and their effectiveness. At times, conducts training.
- Inspects the dining room area, to ensure that the physical facilities and equipments are well kept and that all health and safety regulations are adhered to, by coordinating the cleaning and maintenance and arranging for repairs and other services such as linen laundering, plants servicing, etc.
- Maintains high visibility during meal service in order to ensure smooth running of operations, promotes good public relations, takes corrective actions and handles customers’ complaints to ensure their satisfaction.
- Coordinates the service activities with the kitchen in order to achieve a timely delivery of food whilst ensuring effective communication.
- Forecasts covers and revenues and then schedules staff accordingly covering outlet opening hours, whilst controlling labor costs and minimizing overtime payment.
- Manages and controls stock from the beverage / bar operation effectively ensuring pars are respected.
- Anticipates and maintains all materials and supplies ensuring their availability. Controls usage of all food items and appropriate usage of equipments, tools and service equipments ensuring all equipments is used in a correct and safe manner.
- Monitors operating expenses to ensure the cost of sale is in line with the annual budget.
- Assists the outlet Chef in developing menus for promotional activities and special events and recommends changes based on clients’ feedback and demands.
- Keeps abreast of all emergency procedures, promotions, product knowledge, VIP arrivals, upcoming events and brief direct subordinates accordingly so that they are able to anticipate and answer clients’ requests and questions.
- Accomplishes a set of administrative duties such as leading and attending meeting, writing reports, maintaining a logbook and other specific duties related to the job function.
EDUCATION: Hospitality Management College Degree or related
EXPERIENCE: At least 3 years experience in the management position
Working Condition: With local working visa
- Building teamwork
- Coaching and developing others
- Motivating others
- Planning and organizational skills
- Problem solving and decision making
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Concern for quality
- Managing performance
- Results oriented
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Cross cultural sensitivity
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Listening and oral skills
- Basic writing skills
- Basic knowledge of kitchen terminology, including ingredients and methods of preparation
- Thorough and practical knowledge of service terminology and of various international service techniques including mise en place.
INDIVIDUAL CHARACTERISTICS :
- Stamina to work long hours
- Enthusiastic personality
OTHER SKILLS (LANGUAGE, COMPUTERS) :
- Fluency in local language
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in German language a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of Micros