Expondo China with three offices in Shanghai, Hangzhou and Guangzhou is the 100% subsidiary of Expondo GmbH, which is headquartered in Berlin, Germany.
Expondo with 300+ employees and yearly growth rates of 50% is one of the leading B2B Small and Medium Business platforms for professionals in Europe.
The company modifies, procures, and sells expert niche products into major markets through a multi-channel distribution model.
Develops and delivers own brands with high margins and unique quality products which separates Expondo from its’ competitors.
Profitable growth for every single year in business since the founding in 2009.
Senior leadership staff which is committed to continuous growth and has direct experience in the eCommerce business.
Expondo is maintaining their Niche Industry Position in Four Major Verticals:
1) Foodservice Equipment & Services (FE&S)
2) Professional Tools
3) Industrial Equipment
4) Sport & Health
|About this job:
Quality Manager China – B2B Appliances – Ecommerce
Do you want to be part of a 40-60% annual growth?
Do you want to be part of a small team and manage the product quality along the end to end supply chain of a fast growing business with three locations in China and Europe servicing the EU market ?
Do you want to strengthen the voice of the customer and use insights to improve our supplier product quality ?
A key position with great opportunity to make a difference and be highly creative in a fast moving E-commerce environment !
The incumbent will be responsible for delivering product quality improvements year on year and integrate the existing teams activities for product testing & approvals, Quality Control & Assurance and Supplier Quality Enabling.
He/she will be the worldwide Go-To person for all quality topics for our management he/she will coach the related teams in China and in Europe in all related quality topics.
Manages product quality end-to-end together with our suppliers:
- In consultation with the Management, objectives, policies, processes on short and long term, makes sure that the company Objectives and Key Results can be met.
- To lead and manage process changes and projects across cross functional teams and locations, such as implementation of digitized pre-shipment-inspection and implementation of a company wide QMS.
- Develop and direct quality strategies throughout organization that promote efficient, agile, and compliant processes for product launch including collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver innovative consumer-driven activities (consumer understanding and retail study) to meet consumer needs and reach market faster.
- Other related tasks to be assigned.
To succeed in this role you must have:
- A master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Production Management or such with Quality Management exposure from a reputable university
- You should have 10+ years working experience in a leading international company, with experience in B2B and industrial appliances, professional kitchen appliance, power tools or such
- Western National with Fluent English communication and capability to mastering the Mandarin language because most of our team members and suppliers communicate in Mandarin
- Experience in working directly with suppliers in China
- Ability to work in remote leadership role due to situation that team members are based in several locations in China and Poland
- Extensive experience managing supplier quality responsible people in China
- Experiences with quality of electronic components, various production processes (metal, plastic injection molding, assembly)
- Understanding of production processes and experience advising factories on proper QC processes (IQC, IPQC, FQC, etc.)
- Experience working in international company, in managerial position across multiple teams, projects and products
- Strong management sense and is willing to further develop management skills and responsibility
- Significant deep experience with statistical analysis and data
- Report and hand all issues in a professional manner
- Able to coordinate various quality issues and update on a daily basis
- Strong interpersonal & communication and training skills
- Honest, keen in details, hard working, team player and responsible
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and under pressure
- Able to travel around Guangdong frequently
- Industrial appliance, B2B appliances and tools domain knowledge
- Experience in applying Quality methods such as 6Sigma, ISO9000, 5Why, Ishikawa, etc.
- Product Engineering, Product Design & Development, Testing exposure
- Patent procedures and exposure
Technical/Team Management Competency:
- Management experience
- Statistic and Engineering data analysis
- Supplier management
- Project management exposure- Milestones, Cost, Quality, Time
- Experience in working with OKR methodology is an asset
Other Competencies :
- Stakeholder Management
- Strong analytical ability, time management, interpersonal relationship, communication, creativity.
A competitive salary compensation package will be offered to the right candidate. Very collaborative team culture, an opportunity to join in a top brand house in the retail industry and being part of an agile team in the region plus the exposure to the company in EU in a fast growing market is an attractive part of the role.