As a non-profit, federally owned enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is active in over 130 countries worldwide, implementing international cooperation projects and measures in the field of sustainable development on behalf of the German Government, as well as other national and international clients. With over 30 years of experience implementing projects in the People’s Republic of China, GIZ provides policy advice on various topics and sectors relating to China’s reform process, including: environmental protection, sustainable economic development (especially renewable energies and energy efficiency), sustainable urban development, sustainable transport development, vocational training, law, product safety and consumer protection.
|About this job:
The position will support a selection of projects implemented within GIZ China. These projects include, but may not be limited to the following:
- The German Energy Transition Expertise for China Project, which is funded and commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi), supports the sustainable development of the Chinese energy sector by transferring knowledge and experiences of German energy transition to its partner organisation in China.
- The Sustainable Infrastructure Alliance (SIA) is a Strategic Alliance between the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH and ecos AG/Global Infrastructure Basel Foundation (GIB) that aims to create a market for sustainable infrastructure standards based on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) criteria in China, India and Indonesia.
- The Mobility and Fuels Strategy as a contribution to the traffic transition (MFS III) is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry of Transportation and Digital Infrastructure and aims to implement Sino-German cooperations on topics around sustainable mobility.
We are looking for a highly-motivated and professional player with an excellent command of Chinese and English (written and spoken), and first working experience in the field of organizational and administrative work in the private sector, NGOs, or international cooperation projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative support to the team technically, logistically and efficiently.
GIZ Team German Energy Transition Expertise for China based in Beijing offers a position as Project Officer starting at the earliest date possible. The successful applicant will be supporting the team in organizing daily coordinating and administrative activities ensuring the normal operation of the team and the project. The position requires outstanding administrative skills including but not limited to high degree office management and coordination skills, pro-active and professional communication and arranging skills as well as proficiency in financial related work.
- Office and project coordination
- Organizational and administrative support for implementing daily activities of selected projects, to which the incumbent is assigned on a shared base, in coordination with the several project teams.
- Translates policy relevant documents, reports and other documents between Chinese and English.
- Attends internal meeting and writes minutes.
- Helps to carry out domestic and international study tours for project partners. Coordinating arrangement of agenda, invitation letters and logistics.
- Supports organizing and documenting project activities such as conferences and workshops, including agendas, logistics and meeting minutes as required.
- Ensures proper data management / storage in the DMS system; coordination of folder structures and monitoring of proper execution within the program team.
- Carries out deskwork including making layout, and filing and documentation.
- Coordinates project directors including monitoring and maintaining his/her time and appointment schedules.
- Manages and monitor office calendar, contact list, holiday and leave records and calculates overtime for national project staff.
- Supports visa procedures, onboarding, related logistics etc. for international staff.
- Coordinates with HR department for processing national staff contracts, including HR Service Requests, income tax, employee benefits, internal training, etc.
- Assists in and/or carry out other program activities and any other tasks according to needs, as assigned.
- Administrative support in procurement and contracting of services required for the implementation of project activities.
- Prepares monthly and annual budgets and monitors deviations and advises on financial aspects of projects/components
- Monitors project cash books; monitors income, expenditures and the monthly bank reconciliation; monitors real accounts (payables, receivables) and reports regularly to the accountant responsible for the contract
- Monitors and settles the project and private expenses such as taxi usage, communication costs, etc.
- Prepares any payments using Service Requests to GIZ Office Beijing
- Prepares internal controls in accordance with GIZ’s internal controlling manual
- Supports in maintaining inventories, financial and other documentation management, and follows up monthly error sheets and works on actions to avoid them in the future
- Responsible for logistics (tickets, flight and hotel booking, transport, etc.) for staff and visitors
- Prepares duty trip applications for international duty trip; prepares/calculates cash advance for duty trips of NP and counterparts; collects travel documents, monitors the frequent flyer mileage and initiates the usage of the mileage for the duty trips
- Checks and prepares vouchers for bookkeeping and indicate their cost classification; maintain close exchange with the responsible project accountant.
- Minimum 3-5 years proven work experience in office administration, accountant or personal assistant; work experience ideally gained in the private sector, NGOs, or international cooperation projects, preferably in areas related to sustainable infrastructure, energy or the environment.
- Full understanding of the job content.
- Effective computer skills for standard desktop software (Word, Excel, PPT).
- Bachelor degree, in accountancy, management, business, or finance.
- Chinese native speaker level and exceptional communication skills in English, especially in writing and translation.
- High degree of organizational skills. The successful candidate must be able to handle multiple simultaneous assignments with competing priorities and fixed deadlines.
|How to apply:
Please send your application (with the subject: Application for 2019-517) incl. CV (Chinese and English), references, photo, and letter of motivation, indicating your salary expectations in English, via e-mail as soon as possible to:
In addition, please mention in your cover letter how you learned about this job advertisement.