The German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai (GCC Shanghai) is the representative organization for German companies in Shanghai and the provinces of Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Anhui, Shandong, Henan and Hubei. As part of the world-wide German Chamber network, the mission of the GCC Shanghai is to promote economic ties between the Federal Republic of Germany and the People’s Republic of China with a special focus on its geographical area. With about 1600 member companies, the GCC Shanghai provides a forum for its members and advocates member interests with relevant organizations. The GCC Shanghai, together with the Delegation of German Industry & Commerce and the German Industry & Commerce are the overall platform for Sino-German trade and industry promotion in East China.
|About this job:
To strengthen our team as early as possible we are looking for an experienced
Project Manager Social Responsibility (m/w)
We offer you the opportunity to work alongside a dedicated, dynamic team in a challenging, international environment with plenty of room for your own ideas and creativity.
- Main contact person and project manager for the German Chamber’s social responsibility initiative “More than a Market”, in close cooperation with other parties involved
- Build up and stay in constant contact with other institutions and organizations in China concerning social engagement
- Initiate and lead general marketing and PR activities concerning the “More than a Market” initiative, including in German Chamber publications and by preparing content for the website morethanamarket.cn
- Coordinate applications for the “More than a Market” awards
- Prepare and coordinate the award ceremony for “More than a Market” together with the event manager and the project team
- Meet with (potential) contributors for the More than a Market initiative and CSR practitioners
- Promote and implement the CSR initiative “More than a Market” at Chamber events, among members and non-members and offer assistance when required
- Participate in CSR-related events, both with the Chamber and externally
- Responsible for the preparation, coordination and documentation of project committee meetings. Support the preparation of Steering Committee meetings
- Responsible for the further development of the “More than a Market” initiative
- Coordinate and provide assistance for CSR-related projects of the Chamber
- Responsible for the implementation of a sponsorship scheme for the initiative “More than a Market” and other CSR projects
- Build up CSR-specific knowledge within the Chamber organization
- Excellent organizational and project management skills. Highly detail-oriented, since a lot of information will be sent out to the public. Strong analytical skills for working procedures.
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience. Working experience in a comparable position is a plus.
- Fluent in German and English is a must, Chinese is a plus.
- High level of personal integrity, reliability and interpersonal skills. Strong communication, presentation and sales skills. Very good personal and social skills, such as diplomatic, intercultural and social competency.
- The person in this position should be able to develop ideas and make suggestions for improvements within the role, the department and the business.
- The person in this position must be able to take the initiative to solve problems within the scope of his/her role. If escalation is required, he/she must take ownership and ensure resolution of the problem.
|| 3-5 years
|How to apply:
Please send your letter of motivation and your resume (in English) as a PDF or Word document via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org