The German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai (GCC Shanghai) is the representative organization for German companies in Shanghai and the provinces of Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Anhui, Shandong, Henan and Hubei. As part of the world-wide German Chamber network, the mission of the GCC Shanghai is to promote economic ties between the Federal Republic of Germany and the People’s Republic of China with a special focus on its geographical area. With more than 1500 member companies, the GCC Shanghai provides a forum for its members and advocates member interests with relevant organizations. The GCC Shanghai, together with the Delegation of German Industry & Commerce and the German Industry & Commerce are the overall platform for Sino-German trade and industry promotion in East China.
|About this job:
To strengthen our team as soon as possible, we are looking for an experienced and committed
Project Assistant Events in the department of Chamber Affairs
- Is responsible for handling the administrative and logistic tasks of the event preparation, execution and follow-up process at the German Chamber in East China and as a contact person for contacting with suppliers.
- Work closely with the event team to develop and update the yearly event and topic planning. In coordination with the event team, the Project Assistant Events is responsible for supporting with the business events in Shanghai and neighboring provinces in East China, special projects to be assigned.
- Supports the membership department by communicating with members as well as non-members about the services and benefits of the German Chamber of Commerce and aimsat providing better services to existing members and to attract new members.
- Assure the handling of his/her responsibilities by following the office management guidelines and acting on their own initiative to achieve the best results.
- Act as the main contact person for administrative and logistic preparation, execution and follow-up of events organized by the German Chamber in Shanghai. For example, keep an eye on the office stationaries like name badges, goodie bags, F&B, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining the relationship management with suppliers (event venues, catering, agencies etc.), support in acquiring new partners, negotiating with partners, developing the relationship i.e. by supplier briefing and de-briefing (lessons learned process)
- Specific tasks include event scheduling and preparation of venues, catering and other suppliers, maintenance of the administration of the invitation management and event follow up. This also includes the close cooperation with the respective speakers and participants.
- Support in keeping the event budget and support for reporting.
- Support for preparation of communication materials related to the organization of events (incl. event newsletter, WeChat entries, event reviews and event statistics for various publications)
- Support in developing new partnership packages and digital marketing solutions.
- Fluent in Chinese and English. German is a plus.
- Experienced in cooperating with suppliers.
- Flexible, self-motivated and responsible with problem solving ability. The person in this position must be able to take the initiative to solve problems within the scope of his/her role. If escalation is required, he/she must take ownership and ensure the resolution of the problem.
- Very good personal and social skills, such as diplomatic, intercultural and social competency.
- Ability to working independently required to achieve individual tasks.
- Strong team working spirit to cooperate with the project management team to meet deadlines, targets and support the handling of complex projects.
- The person in this position should be able to develop ideas and make suggestions for improvements within the role, the department and the business.