The German Chamber of Commerce in China is the official member organization that represents German companies doing business in China. The German Chamber helps its members succeed by providing up-to-date market information and practical advice. It offers a platform for the Sino-German business community and represents its members’ interests towards stakeholders, including governmental and public stakeholders. The Chamber was founded in 1999 and currently has more than 2,300 members in mainland China.
|About this job:
Objectives of the role/job:
Act as the main contact for the members in focused industries, lead and drive various approaches and events to develop more members and improve member satisfaction.
- Membership Relationship Management: Being the main contact person for the members in the focused industry in East China to develop solutions for meeting member needs.
- Membership Retention: Maintaining members in the focused industry in East China to achieve the development goal.
- New Member Leads & Acquisition: Finding leads of new members and acquisition of new Members in focused industry areas in East China to achieve the development goal.
- Development of Projects Plan and Strategy: Developing projects/events plan & strategy for the focused industry in East China incl. Sales & Marketing plan
- Project lead and management: Leading Industrial projects/events of focused industry areas in East China, such as Chamber Meeting, Roundtable, Workshop / Webinar/Excursion, Forum, and other assigned projects to achieve the defined goals.
- Internal reporting on the focused industry: Analyzing and understanding new market trends via providing industrial topic overview reports of the focused area and collecting information & industry insights & updates
- Development of New Project Model: Develop new business models for our members in East China via projects/events in focused industry area
- Ensure Quality of Solution delivery: Guarantee a smooth and qualified solution delivery to the members to achieve the defined targets.
- University degree in a related field
- Work experience in relevant field (3 years)
- Fluent in Chinese and English. German is a plus.
- Industry understanding and quick adoption of industry knowledge, and experience with profound knowledge in the Business Services industry are highly preferred.
- Good at industry analysis and understanding industry trends, so as to understand customer needs.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to handle complex projects and several projects simultaneously.
- Responsible and reliable, with the ability to work independently to achieve individual tasks.
- Strong team working spirit to cooperate with the project management team to meet deadlines and targets.
- Flexible, self-motivated, and reliable, with problem-solving ability, and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Very good communication and social skills, such as diplomatic sensitiveness, and intercultural and social competency.
- Ability to speak and present in front of large groups with high confidence
- Ability to develop ideas and suggestions for improvements of the work of the German Chamber.
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside regular working hours at events.
|| 3-5 years
|How to apply:
In case of interest, please send your cover letter, resume, reference letter (if any), your salary expectation and your earliest on-board date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application.