The Melchers China organization is a member of the globally operating Melchers Group. Headquartered in Bremen, Germany, C. Melchers GmbH & Co. KG is privately-owned and was founded by Carl Melchers (1781-1854) and Carl Focke in 1806. Establishing its first Asian branch in 1866 in Hong Kong, the company is engaged in doing business in Asia ever since.
Melchers is a global company with a wide range of services and trading know-how in diverse business areas. The services cover the entire value chain – from product development and manufacture through sales and retailing to marketing and after-sales service.
It is our mission to create long-term value through customer-centric and customized approaches. Rooted in our entrepreneurial mindset and openness, we seize market opportunities without industry boundaries or predefined constraints.
|About this job:
The main target of the Marketing & Communications Manager is to support the company in its efforts to effectively communicate the company’s capabilities to its target client audience in Europe. In this role the candidate will interact with the business management to develop a communication strategy and steer related campaigns in selected on- and offline media. The candidate must show hands-on dedication be able to work in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Create an external profile for the business that attracts clients and talent, service reputation and promotes growth
- Develop and execute communications strategies and programmes
- Drive understanding engagement among internal cross-business audiences, to support growth.
- Build a targeted, thought-leading external media agenda to demonstrate the expertise and offering of the business.
- Work closely on regional communications support for key global markets that Melchers China is operating in, including spearheading PR campaigns, enhancing company education among media outlets, managing media narratives
- Develop and work closely with external PR agencies to lead campaigns, source speaking opportunities, and prepare spokespeople
- Cooperate with the business on communications related campaigns and initiatives, including in areas related to partnerships, product, operations and marketing opportunities
- Work as part of a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- 5+ years work experience in communications, marketing, journalism, or related field
- Ideally, gained experience with strategic communications
- Ideally, gained experience working in social media, internet, or relevant PR industries
- Experience working in a cross-border, multi-cultural environment
- Strong command (oral and written) of both English and/or German (whereas German is preferred)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and advocate critical thinking
- High emotional and cultural intelligence
- Embracing learning opportunities and determination for continuous self-improvement
|| above 5 years
|How to apply:
Applicants are requested to send their motivation letter, CV, and expected annual salary to Jacquelyn Li firstname.lastname@example.org