The German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai (GCC Shanghai) is the representative organization for German companies in Shanghai and the provinces of Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Anhui, Shandong, Henan and Hubei. As part of the world-wide German Chamber network, the mission of the GCC Shanghai is to promote economic ties between the Federal Republic of Germany and the People’s Republic of China with a special focus on its geographical area. With about 1600 member companies, the GCC Shanghai provides a forum for its members and advocates member interests with relevant organizations. The GCC Shanghai, together with the Delegation of German Industry & Commerce and the German Industry & Commerce are the overall platform for Sino-German trade and industry promotion in East China.
|About this job:
To strengthen our team as early as possible we are looking for an experienced
Manager Events Shanghai (m/w)
YOUR PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Most important aims are to position the German Chamber in the Chinese and German market as an important partner for foreign companies in China, to develop business and take care of and retain existing members as well as to increase the amount of new members and to promote the Chamber image.
- Act as a contact person for concerns of our members. Close coordination with the other departments in the office is therefore required to maintain a professional handling.
- Provide leadership for planning, implementation and controlling of all ongoing projects.
- Assure that issues are handled within the shortest possible timeframe by following the guidelines of the office management and acting on own initiative to achieve best results.
- Constantly improve processes and services for the members of the Chamber.
- Support for other German Chamber projects as needed.
YOUR SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acting as the main contact person for members concerning social and business events, event strategy development, revision of existing events and development of new event formats (social and business events) according to business needs of members and in order to ascertain the continued relevance of the German Chamber.
- Organizing workshops, business seminars, chamber meetings, working group meetings and other business events that are held in Shanghai. It is important to provide a broad portfolio of regular business events for the members of the German Chamber (60+ events per year), while at the same time ensuring that diversified event formats are offered for different target groups (yearly sponsors, C-Suite, functional positions within companies).
- Implementation of a new event management tool to increase the efficiency of event management, ensure improved outreach to interested target groups as well as easier registration and payment procedures for event participants.
- Coordinating and editing the weekly Events Newsletter and regular updates of the website.
- Instruction of the Chamber’s events team.
- Coordination with other institutions in Shanghai, such as the German Consulate General, the German Centre, Chambers of Commerce of other countries and other external stakeholders.
- Budget responsibility concerning events and contractual bargaining with venues and suppliers.
- Ensuring the flow of information within the Chamber on planned events, topics and contributors for improved cross-fertilization of projects between different Chamber teams.
- Support for Executive Chamber Manager on reporting to the Chamber Board of Directors on Chamber activities.
- Close coordination with the other departments of the German Chamber network (AHK).
- Providing leadership for planning, implementation and controlling of all your ongoing projects.
- Native German speaker, excellent English. Chinese language is an additional advantage.
- Minimum two years work experience after university degree. Working experience in China is an advantage.
- Excellent command of MS Office, especially Excel and Powerpoint. Experience with CRM systems, event management tools, newsletter tools.
- Very good organizational and project management skills.
- Very good personal and social skills, such as diplomatic sensitiveness, intercultural and social competency.
- Ability to speak and present in front of large groups with high confidence and to communicate at all levels, especially senior levels of organizations
- Ability to input ideas and suggestions for improvements of the work of the German Chamber.
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside the regular working hours at events.
- Responsible and reliable, with the ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to work in a high-stress environment with strict deadlines.
- High degree of flexibility and versatility, extremely detail-oriented.