The German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai (GCC Shanghai) is the representative organization for German companies in Shanghai and the provinces of Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Anhui, Shandong, Henan and Hubei. As part of the world-wide German Chamber network, the mission of the GCC Shanghai is to promote economic ties between the Federal Republic of Germany and the People’s Republic of China with a special focus on its geographical area. With about 1600 member companies, the GCC Shanghai provides a forum for its members and advocates member interests with relevant organizations. The GCC Shanghai, together with the Delegation of German Industry & Commerce and the German Industry & Commerce are the overall platform for Sino-German trade and industry promotion in East China.
|About this job:
To strengthen our team as early as possible we are looking for an experienced
Manager Events Shanghai (m/w)
YOUR PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Most important aims are to position the German Chamber in the Chinese and German market as an important partner for foreign companies in China, to develop business and take care of and retain existing members as well as to increase the amount of new members and to promote the Chamber image.
- Provide leadership for planning, implementation and controlling of all ongoing event-related projects.
- Assure that issues are handled within the shortest possible timeframe by following the guidelines of the office management and acting on own initiative to achieve best results.
- Constantly improve processes and services for the members of the Chamber.
- Support for other German Chamber projects as needed.
YOUR SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acting as the main contact person for members concerning social and business events in Shanghai.
- Event strategy development, revision of existing events and development of new event formats according to business needs of members and in order to ascertain the continued relevance of the German Chamber.
- Instruction of the Chamber’s events team for organizing social and business events held in Shanghai.
- Budget responsibility concerning events.
- Implementation of a new event management tool.
- Ensuring the flow of information within the Chamber on planned events, topics and contributors for improved cross-fertilization of projects between different Chamber teams.
- Coordination with other departments of the German Chamber network (AHK) as well as external stakeholders.
- Support for Executive Chamber Manager on reporting to the Chamber Board of Directors on Chamber activities.
- Native German speaker, excellent English. Chinese language is an additional advantage.
- Minimum two years work experience after university degree. Working experience in China is an advantage.
- Excellent command of MS Office, especially Excel and Powerpoint. Experience with CRM systems, event management tools, newsletter tools.
- Very good organizational and project management skills.
- Very good personal and social skills, such as diplomatic sensitiveness, intercultural and social competency.
- Ability to speak and present in front of large groups with high confidence and to communicate at all levels, especially senior levels of organizations
- Ability to input ideas and suggestions for improvements of the work of the German Chamber.
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside the regular working hours at events.
- Responsible and reliable, with the ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to work in a high-stress environment with strict deadlines.
- High degree of flexibility and versatility, extremely detail-oriented.
|| 3-5 years
|How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and complete resume in English with salary requirements and earliest availability to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org