The German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai (GCC Shanghai) is the representative organization for German companies in Shanghai and the provinces of Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Anhui, Shandong, Henan, and Hubei.
As part of the worldwide German Chamber network, the mission of the GCC Shanghai is to promote economic ties between the Federal Republic of Germany and the People’s Republic of China with a special focus on its geographical area.
With more than 1500 member companies, the GCC Shanghai provides a forum for its members and advocates member interests with relevant organizations. The GCC Shanghai, together with the Delegation of German Industry & Commerce and the German Industry & Commerce are the overall platform for Sino-German trade and industry promotion in East China.
|About this job:
- Contracting and relationship management with suppliers (event venues, catering, agencies, etc.), including support in acquiring new partners, negotiating with partners, developing the relationship i.e. via supplier briefing and de-briefing (lessons learned process)
- Responsible for purchasing processes for events
- Support for event scheduling, including developing and updating the yearly event and topic planning in close cooperation with the event team Shanghai.
- Preparation of the event newsletter.
- Schedule and send event invitations, individual invitations, and reminders.
- Ensure the quality of administration work events such as,
- Upload of event information on webpage & event bank
- Check correct member/non-member participant registration
- Prepare registration lists
- Follow-up event email
- Prepare name badges
- Prepare event materials
- Check technical equipment
- Organize food and beverage, prepare event venue for in-house events
- Upload WeChat content for events
- Instruction of interns and support in delegating tasks to interns.
- Translation of required documents (e.g. for event preparation and newsletter publication).
- Assure that issues are handled within the shortest possible timeframe by following the guidelines of the office management and acting on their own initiative to achieve the best results.
- Support the event team by communicating with members as well as non-members about the services and benefits, especially event-related.
- Support in keeping the event budget.
- Support for reporting to Chamber management and Board of Directors.
- Build and maintain close coordination with other internal departments of the German Chamber Network (AHK) and (potential) external partners to find synergies and cooperation opportunities. This requires diplomatic sensitivity when handling members, partners and when interacting with official departments.
- Support other German Chamber projects and the team as needed.
- University degree in marketing, hotel management, or related field.
- Experienced in negotiating contracts and cooperating with suppliers (especially hotel cooperation).
- Very good communication and social skills, such as diplomatic, intercultural, and social competency.
- Flexible, self-motivated, and reliable, with problem-solving ability, a strong sense of responsibility.
- Ability to work independently is required to achieve individual tasks.
- Strong team working spirit to cooperate with the project management team to meet deadlines, targets and support the handling of complex projects.
- Ability to develop ideas and make suggestions for improvements within the role, the department, and the business.
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside regular working hours at events.
|| 1-2 years
|How to apply:
In case of interest, please send your CV and salary expectation to email@example.com.