As a non-profit, federally owned enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is active in over 130 countries worldwide, implementing international cooperation projects and measures in the field of sustainable development on behalf of the German Government, as well as other national and international clients (e.g. EU, private enterprises, and foundations). In addition, GIZ is also engaged in the field of professional training around the globe.
With about 40 years of experience implementing projects in the People’s Republic of China, GIZ provides policy advice on various topics and sectors relating to China’s reform process, including: environmental protection, sustainable economic development (especially renewable energies and energy efficiency), sustainable urban development, sustainable transport development, vocational training, law, product safety and consumer protection.
The performance profile of GIZ is continually being adapted to the cooperation needs of both countries – within the framework of the “Comprehensive Sino-German Strategic Partnership” – as well as within the framework of the dynamic changes occurring as a part of Chinese reform policies. In addition, GIZ works as both adviser and service provider at the interface between the economic and political spheres. GIZ is also active in those fields in which German actors possess in-depth profiles and competitive advantages, and where German expertise is in high demand.
|About this job:
For the currently five projects in the GIZ China related to Sino-German Cooperation on Climate Change and Environment, we are looking for a dedicated accountant as soon as possible. The Sino-German Cooperation on Climate Change and Env. works in close cooperation with the Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) of the People`s Republic of China.
This position is responsible for
- Supporting the implementation on commercial processes and tasks
- Responsible managing of cashboxes and all accounting matters related to the projects in the BCE group Accounting
- Contract settlement for the BCE group related projects
- Inventory management for the BCE group related projects
- Other/further tasks assigned by director of the BCE group
- General implementation on commercial processes and tasks
- In direct contact with BCE group Finance Manager, BCE group Director and BCE Project Directors for commercial questions regarding project accounting and commercial settlements in Project/Cluster levels, reporting to the BCE group director.
- Facilitate information exchange between BCE group and GIZ Country Office regarding commercial processes and tasks together with the BCE group Finance Manager. Collect and convey important BCE group level booking data, e.g. monthly office rent separations.
- Participate in discussion of commercial contents with BCE group Directors or team members wherever necessary and support BCE group director and BCE group Finance Manager to inform and record on related decisions and resolutions.
- Function as contact person for internal controlling processes at the BCE group and the GIZ country office.
- Ensure the filling of commercial documents (in hard and electronic forms) in compliance with internal controlling requirements in coordination with Project teams.
- Assist BCE group director and BCE group Finance Manager and BCE group coordinators on expenditure planning and controlling using related GIZ tools (after the necessary training period)
- If necessary, participate in trainings, exchanges and coordination with the group of colleagues for commercial works within GIZ, after approval from the BCE group director.
- Handling of Project Cashboxes and Project Accounting
- Manage cashboxes for separated project journals for the projects within the BCE group of the GIZ China
- Inspect and implement project fund application plans and control cashbox balances monthly
- Prepare and inspect vouchers documents in line with related Processes and Rules (P+R) and regulations from GIZ country office and seek approval from respective team members with signing authority
- Pay the approved vouchers, roll out project electronic cashbooks and implement monthly account settlements, while trying to peruse a project bank account
- Reimburse expenditures/travel claims for BCE group team members
- Monitor monthly project accounting reports in coordination with BCE director and BCE group finance manager
- Archive vouchers, cashbooks, project accounting reports and audit reports in hard and electronic forms
- Contract Settlement
- Inspect invoices for BCE group contracts <2.500 EUR and pre-inspect invoices for contracts ≥ 2.500 EUR in coordination with related project teams
- Support the project teams to establish overview on all ongoing contracts, monitor advance payments and remaining obligations and establish reports project coordinators.
- Filing of contracts in requested folders and in electronic platforms (DMS) in coordination with related project teams.
- Inventory Management
- Establish and maintain asset lists for the BCE group project assets using Online Asset
- Implement/support inventory check in coordination with project coordinators.
- Other/further tasks
- Implement/ support further tasks/requests from BCE group director.
- Excellent graduation from University degree in German Language, favorable with a focus in accounting /controlling or other commercial fields.
- Experience in accounting/controlling, or administrative and commercial processes is a plus.
- Excellent management of the German language and Chinese (Mandarin) in written and oral. English language skills are favorable.
- High interest in IT and communication technologies and computer applications
- Dedicated to the subject of accounting with a high degree of responsibility and reliability
- Familiarity with GIZ or governmental non-profit organizations is a plus
- We are a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and work to build a future worth living around the world. We support projects in over 130 countries to achieve goals sustainably together with our partners.
- Everyone has the same opportunities in our company, regardless of gender, nationality, religion, sexual orientation or physical disability. We recruit based on specialist expertise and social skills.
- Transparency and fair opportunities for career advancement are just as much as a matter of course for us as gender not being a barrier to taking up a management position.
- We provide opportunities for taking part in training and professional development to all our staff. Our Academy for International Cooperation (AIZ) will help you develop your skills.
- We reward our staff with good remuneration, attractive benefits and cooperative working atmosphere.
|How to apply:
Please send your complete application (with the subject: Application for Job-ID 2021-557) incl. cover letter, CV, references and photo indicating your starting date and salary expectation (before tax) in German/English and Chinese, via E-Mail to:
In case you have any questions regarding the team composition of work environment, please feel free to contact Ms. YANG Junjie: firstname.lastname@example.org