The Delegations of German Industry and Commerce in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Hong Kong and Taipei represent the Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce in Greater China and are part of the global network of German Chambers of Commerce Abroad (AHK). On behalf of the Federal Republic of Germany, they represent the overall economic interests of Germany, focusing on the promotion of bilateral trade and investment. They work in close cooperation with the German Chamber of Commerce in China and the German Industry and Commerce Greater China Co. Ltd. to provide support for German enterprises and their local partners.
|About this job:
To support the Delegation’s tasks and activities, we are currently looking for an experienced
Head of Government Affairs & Advocacy (m/f/d)
Develop and manage a Government Affairs & Advocacy team including but not limited to the following tasks:
- Develop and manage a Government Affairs & Advocacy team of 3 direct reports and 5 indirect reports
- Together with your team, develop advocacy strategies for the AHK’s Government Affairs & Advocacy
- Directly report to the Chief Representative in Beijing
- Outreach to and manage the relations with stakeholders such as the German Embassy, German ministries, German companies in China, think tanks, business associations, non-governmental organizations, universities, and research companies to develop and cultivate an extensive network
- Provide fast-response and expert support arising from short-term policy developments in form of written assessments to Chief Representative
- Prepare meetings of the Chief Representative with officials, actively support in drafting position papers and attending political and corporate events
- Work & liaise closely with the membership organization and other internal departments
- Implementation and supervision of certain management initiatives and projects
- Other tasks may be assigned as necessary
- Master’s degree in Economics, Politics, Law, Sociology, or another academic field relevant for this position
- At least 3-4 years of working experience in a similar or related field with leadership experience
- A firm grasp of economic and political developments in China, Germany, the EU, and international politics
- Solid network and extensive knowledge of the political, economic, societal, and legal framework conditions in China
- Strategic analytical ability, ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to navigate political sensitivities and to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with strict deadlines; high flexibility in adapting to projects as they arise
- Strong sense of responsibility, reliability, ability to observe confidentiality. A structured work approach and high attention to detail. Able to work independently
- Mother-tongue proficiency in German, both spoken and written
What we offer:
- An interesting job in the center of the Sino-German political and business community
- A target-oriented working style in a harmonious AHK working environment.
- The German chamber network worldwide with 140 offices in 92 countries offers an excellent platform for your personal and your long-term career development
- The position reports to the Chief Representative directly.
- The position is based on a local employment contract.
|| 3-5 years
|How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your application including a statement on your salary expectations to “email@example.com” in English or German. Please insert the title “Head of Government Affairs & Advocacy” in the subject line and attach all relevant application documents (CV, motivation letter including salary expectation, university certificates, employer references etc.) in one small size pdf file.
We are looking forward to your application!