The Delegations of German Industry and Commerce in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Hong Kong and Taipei represent the Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce in Greater China and are part of the global network of German Chambers of Commerce Abroad (AHK). On behalf of the Federal Republic of Germany, they represent the overall economic interests of Germany, focusing on the promotion of bilateral trade and investment. They work in close cooperation with the German Chamber of Commerce in China and the German Industry and Commerce Greater China Co. Ltd. to provide support for German enterprises and their local partners.
|About this job:
To support the Delegation’s tasks and activities in our office in Beijing, we are currently looking for an experienced and committed
Government Affairs Manager (m/f/d)
Develop and manage Delegation’s public policy engagement on central government level, including but not limited to the following tasks:
- Outreach to and manage the relations with relevant central government institutions as well as other stakeholders such as German companies, think tanks, business associations, non-governmental organizations, universities and research companies to develop and cultivate an extensive network.
- Develop advocacy strategies together with the colleagues from our newly developed Advocacy Team
- Provide fast-response and expert support in form of written assessments to Chief Representative, the above-mentioned colleagues as well as the other China offices arising from short-term policy developments.
- Prepare meetings of the Chief Representative with officials, actively support in drafting position papers and attending political and corporate events
- Liaising and working closely with other departments, esp. government affairs in the other offices in China
- Work closely with the membership organization and its member companies e.g. coordinating calls for comments on current policy drafts
- Implementation and supervision of certain management initiatives and projects.
- Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics, Politics, Law, Sociology or another academic field relevant for this position
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in a similar or related field
- A firm grasp of economic and political developments in China, Germany, the EU and international politics
- Solid network and extensive knowledge of the political, economic, societal and legal framework conditions in China
- Ideally with profound experience in government affairs, government or consulting background
- High integrity and in-depth knowledge of how to approach government institutions in China
- Ability to navigate political sensitivities and to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with strict deadlines; high flexibility in adapting to projects as they arise
- Strategic analytical ability, ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Chinese native speaker, fluent in German and English, both spoken and written
- MS Office proficiency (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel etc.)
- Strong sense of responsibility, reliability, ability to observe confidentiality. A structured work approach and high attention to detail. Able to work independently.
What we offer:
- An interesting job in the center of the Sino-German political and business community
- A target oriented working style in a harmonious working environment in our office with around 70 Chinese and international colleagues in our Beijing office
- The German chamber network worldwide with 140 offices in 92 countries offers an excellent platform for your personal and your long-term career development
- The position reports to the Chief Representative directly.
- The position is based on a local employment contract.
|| 3-5 years
|How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your application including a statement on your salary expectations to “email@example.com” in English or German. Please insert the title “Government Affairs Manager” in the subject line and attach all relevant application documents (CV, motivation letter including salary expectation, university certificates, employer references etc.) in one small size pdf file.
We are looking forward to your application!