The German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai (GCC) is the representative organization for German companies in Shanghai, Jiangsu and Zhejiang.
The GCC | Shanghai offers its over 1500 members a platform to strengthen business ties and acquire market knowledge by offering a broad range of business and social events in Shanghai and the neighboring provinces. In order to pro-actively connect and inform the members of the GCC | Shanghai, the Chamber team produce informative online and offline publications (e.g. the GC Ticker) and organizes workshops and seminars, working group meetings, excursions, and factory visits and entertains social evenings and networking events. The events are conducted in English, German and Chinese.
|About this job:
To strengthen our team, we are offering internship positions for the minimum duration of three months (longer durations preferable)
Event Management Internship
- Actively supporting the organization, execution and follow-up of events (business workshops, conferences, Chamber Meetings, social and networking events and seminars) in Shanghai and the neighboring provinces.
- Communicating and coordinating with third party service-providers including event venue staff, event service companies (audio, photographer, etc.).
- Active collaboration in member service (member information and engagement).
- Editing the weekly Events Newsletter, events WeChat posts and regular updates of the website.
- Other duties will include taking minutes, general research, statistical and analytical work.
We offer you the challenge of a diverse range of duties and the opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team in an international environment. The position represents an excellent opportunity for you to enhance your communication and organization skills and connect to the business community of the German Chamber of Commerce in China.
• Student at a Chinese University with the permission of the university to carry out an internship (if foreign national, should be holder of the X Visa)
• Excellent command of English and Chinese. German and/or Chinese (native or near-native level) is a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Power Point and Excel is a must
• Full time / Minimum duration of three months (longer durations preferable)
What we expect from you:
• High motivation and exceptional interpersonal skills
• Diligent and positive attitude towards demanding work
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a high-stress environment
• High sense of responsibility and ability to work independently
• Willingness to work during evening hours