The Delegations of German Industry and Commerce in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Hong Kong and Taipei represent the Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce in Greater China and are part of the global network of German Chambers of Commerce Abroad (AHK). On behalf of the Federal Republic of Germany, they represent the overall economic interests of Germany, focusing on the promotion of bilateral trade and investment. They work in close cooperation with the German Chamber of Commerce in China and the German Industry and Commerce Greater China Co. Ltd. to provide support for German enterprises and their local partners
|About this job:
To support the Delegation’s tasks and activities in our office in Beijing, we are currently looking for an experienced and committed
Economic Policy Officer (m/f)
Monitor and assess economic policy development (China/Germany/EU), including the following tasks but not limited to:
- Analysis of economic policy developments as well as monitoring of governmental initiatives for international cooperation, achieve essential knowledge on current government projects, and collect information on the chances, challenges and participation possibilities and conditions for German companies.
- Prepare comprehensive background information, writing reports and drafting position papers in order to support the work of the Delegation ensuring timely and accurate communication of any relevant developments that affect the work of the executive office.
- Work closely with the membership organization and its member companies, e.g. regarding economic analysis and the development of industry working groups.
- Liaising closely with other departments, institutions and stakeholders in Germany to ensure timely and relevant inputs into development of written communication.
- Working closely with our other offices in Greater China (Shanghai, Guangzhou, Hongkong, Taipei) on the above-mentioned topics.
- Provide fast-response and expert support to Chief Representative, press officer and government affairs team to manage the exposure arising from short-term policy developments.
- Prepare meetings of the Chief Representative with high-level officials, support in development and writing of speeches, internal and external announcements and speaking points, compile engaging presentations.
- Implementation and supervision of certain management initiatives and projects.
- Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics, Politics, Law, Sociology or another academic field relevant for this position
- 3 to 5 years of working experience in a similar or related field
- A firm grasp of economic and political developments in China, Germany, the EU and international politics
- Familiar with economic, industry and technology policy, mastering the relevant methods of policy research and industry investigation, having market analysis and judgement ability
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of Sino-German business relations
- Ability to navigate political sensitivities and to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with strict deadlines; high flexibility in adapting to projects as they arise
- Executive-level writing and editing skills, experience with extensive research projects
- German native speaker, fluent in English (written and verbal), Mandarin language skills (written and verbal) are an asset
- MS Office proficiency (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong sense of responsibility, reliability, ability to observe confidentiality. A structured work approach and high attention to detail. Able to work independently.
What we offer:
- An interesting job in the center of the Sino-German political and business community
- A target oriented working style in a harmonious working environment in our office with around 70 Chinese and international colleagues in our Beijing office
- The German chamber network worldwide with 140 offices in 92 countries offers an excellent platform for your personal and your long-term career development
- The position reports to the Chief Representative directly.
- The position is based on a local employment contract.
|How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your application including a statement on your salary expectations to “email@example.com” in English or German until 25. January 2019. Please insert the title “Economic Policy Officer” in the subject line and attach all relevant application documents (CV, motivation letter including salary expectation, university certificates, employer references etc.) in one small size pdf file.
We are looking forward to your application!