The Delegations of German Industry and Commerce in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Hong Kong and Taipei represent the Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce (DIHK) in Greater China and are part of the global network of German Chambers of Commerce Abroad (AHK). On behalf of the Federal Republic of Germany, they represent the overall economic interests of Germany, focusing on the promotion of bilateral trade and investment. They work in close cooperation with the German Chamber of Commerce in China and the German Industry and Commerce Greater China Co. Ltd. to provide support for German enterprises and their local partners.
|About this job:
To support the Delegation’s tasks as well as activities in North China, we are currently looking for an experienced…
Director Government Affairs (m/f/d)
- Outreach to and manage the relations with relevant central government institutions as well as other stakeholders such as German companies, Chinese think tanks, business associations, non-governmental organizations, universities and research companies to develop and cultivate an extensive network
- Manage the relations with provincial/city government in North China in cooperation with the Director Government Relations
- Organization of roundtables and other forms of exchange with local governments
- Strengthen government support for German companies in North China
- Finding out about and assessing local policies relevant for German business in North China and preparing them for communication
- Prepare meetings of the Chief Representative with officials, actively support in drafting position papers and supporting all kinds of political and corporate events
- Work & liaise closely with the membership organization and other internal departments
- Implementation and supervision of certain management initiatives and projects
- Other tasks may be assigned as necessary
- Report to the national Head of Government Affairs & Advocacy
- Master’s degree in Economics, Politics, Law, Sociology, or another academic field relevant for this position
- At least 3-4 years of working experience in a similar or related field with leadership experience
- A firm grasp of economic and political developments in China, Germany, the EU, and international politics
- Solid network and extensive knowledge of the political, economic, societal, and legal framework conditions in China
- Strategic analytical ability, ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to navigate political sensitivities and to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with strict deadlines; high flexibility in adapting to projects as they arise
- Strong sense of responsibility, reliability, ability to observe confidentiality. A structured work approach and high attention to detail. Able to work independently
- Mother-tongue Chinese, proficiency in English both spoken and written required, German language skills is a plus
What we offer:
- An interesting job in the center of the Sino-German political and business community
- A target-oriented working style in a harmonious working environment with around 150 Chinese and international colleagues in our 7 offices across China
- The German chamber network worldwide with 140 offices in 92 countries offers an excellent platform for your personal and your long-term career development
- The position is based on a local employment contract.
|| 3-5 years
|How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your application including a statement on your salary expectations to “firstname.lastname@example.org” in English or German. Please insert the title “Director Government Affairs” in the subject line and attach all relevant application documents (CV, motivation letter including salary expectation, university certificates, employer references etc.) in one small size pdf file.
We are looking forward to your application!