We are Germany Trade & Invest (GTAI) – the foreign trade and inward investment agency of the Federal Republic of Germany. We inform German small and medium-sized enterprises about opportunities and risks in foreign markets and advise foreign companies on settling in Germany. We also promote the locational advantages of Germany abroad and support the internationalization of the economy in the new federal states in Eastern Germany.
GTAI maintains a close working partnership with AHK Greater China as part of the global network of German Chambers of Commerce (AHK), which is why the successful applicant will be employed through the German Industry and Commerce Co. Ltd.
|About this job:
Are you looking for a new professional challenge? An opportunity has arisen to support our teams in the field of foreign trade promotion in an international context. Be it export promotion, investor recruitment or location marketing – work with us to promote Germany as a business location and create and maintain jobs.
We are currently seeking a Director China (m/f/d) located in Beijing for our Investor Consulting division as part of a fixed-term contract for the period of 5 years
Director China Investor Consulting (m/f/d)
located in Beijing
- Lead the GTAI China Investor Consulting office in Beijing with a local employee
- Develop and coordinate an annual overall strategy for investor acquisition in China in close cooperation with the GTAI industry teams
- Independent analysis of economic trends and industries in China to identify companies with potential interest in business expansion to Germany as well as establishing contact to decision makers and conduction information and recruitment discussions
- Active investor approach and acquisition at events, e.g. trade fairs, conferences, workshops and webinars, marketing of Germany as a business location and representation of GTAI
- Development and expansion of a network in China and dialogue with partners from the public and private sectors to promote direct investment in Germany
- Develop and cultivate contacts with economic, political and social decision makers, companies in target segments, business associations, institutions and authorities in Germany and abroad as well as the development of partnership offers
- Plan, document and manage investment projects in the relevant supporting systems
- Support and independent organization of investor acquisition events
- Create conceptual and content submissions in the development and maintenance of publications
- completed an academic course of study (Masters, Diploma or a comparable degree) in the field of economics, business administration and engineering or another relevant course of study (e.g., MBA).
- sound knowledge of structures and business-strategic decision-making processes in companies as well as good knowledge and experience in the areas of market analysis, competitive analysis and strategy development for companies or business sectors.
- sound knowledge of China’s economic situation, research and economic trends, issues and their actors as well as the political and cultural factors of China and their significance for the economy in Germany.
- sound knowledge of the structures and mechanisms of foreign trade promotion in Germany.
- knowledge and practical experience in project management.
- hands-on experience in using social media to communicate and support business development.
- excellent oral and written communication and professional presentation skills in business-fluent German and English, Chinese language skills desirable.
- intercultural competence and willingness to travel worldwide.
- leadership qualities, assertiveness and negotiating skills.
- a self-initiative-led, independent and analytical method of working.
- a flexible and open way of thinking with the ability to find creative solutions.
- practiced use of MS Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word).
- at least two years of relevant professional experience outside of China in order to fulfill local visa requirements.