OCULUS: Tradition since 1895
For more than 120 years, OCULUS Optikgeräte GmbH has been a trusted partner for eye care professionals around the world. With the highest attention to detail, our devices are designed and manufactured at the OCULUS headquarters, located in Wetzlar, Germany.
Thanks to our subsidiaries in Europe, Asia and America, and more than 200 distributors in over 80 countries, OCULUS is accessible to all customers, around the globe. OCULUS Asia Ltd. supports the Asian markets directly from Hong Kong.
OCULUS is DIN EN ISO 13485 certified and applies high quality standards in development, production and service.
MADE in GERMANY
|About this job:
We invite suitable candidates to represent a market leader and reputable German privately-held medical device company active in ophthalmology and optometry. Our regional Asia-Pacific office in Hong Kong is currently hiring for a Chief Representative / Director / Regional Sales Manager / Senior Manager to join and develop our team in the region. This role provides a critical link between Asia and the manufacturer in Germany. The successful candidate will directly report to the Head of International Sales, and receive sales, marketing, application and technical support and training from the headquarters.
Drive and coordinate sales, marketing and business development activities in Asia markets (Greater China, Japan, Korea, South-East Asia and possibly Australia and India, depending on candidate’s experience). This is a valuable opportunity to work for a niche market leader in the ophthalmology/optometry industry with a promising future option to lead the Asia operations and receive company shares. Long term focus in Asia is definitely required.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior
Industry: Medical Devices
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Management
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Build relationships with existing clients and independent distributors (exclusive/authorized)
- Support, manage and motivate an existing distributor network in Asia
- Monitor and drive sales performance, achievements and success against targets
- Negotiate annual sales and contribution targets in close partnership with distributors to develop sales strategy and annual sales plans
- Draft, negotiate and close commercial agreements
- Seek opportunities for new business development in government and private eye hospitals/clinics/clinic chains and other potential sales channels such as optometry clinics and optical shops
- Identify areas for growth in Asia and provide recommendations to manufacturer in Germany
- Uncover portfolio gaps, product needs and untapped segments that could drive opportunities
- Adapt new product launch plans to Asia region
- Collect market information on regular basis and stay updated on competitive landscape, pricing and product trends
- Build and establish relationships with key decision makers to grow sales and market share
- Opinion Leader Strategy: Map, build and establish strong relationships to Key Opinion Leaders in ophthalmology / optometry across Asia, implement regional and local promotional and educational strategies and activities
- Establish strategic plans with regional medical scientific societies such as APAO, APACRS etc.
- Continuously facilitate a team work environment.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering, ophthalmology, optometry, science or business/marketing
- At least 8 years of sales, marketing and business development experience in a medical device company is a MUST, ideally in ophthalmology
- Experienced in product launch, marketing, and commercialization of medical device products in multiple Asian countries
- Aware and experienced to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment to link Asia and Germany
- Able to cooperate with cross functional teams (sales, marketing, application, R&D, technical service, QM)
- Previous In-field sales or technical service experience is a great advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English and Mandarin Chinese
- Excellent persuasive and influencing skills
- The role will be based in Hong Kong, our regional office for Asia Pacific. Around 40% regional travel and occasional intercontinental travel will be required