Einhell Germany AG started in 1964 with the foundation of Hans Einhell Co., Ltd. in Landau/Isar in Germany. Einhell develops and sells solutions for the handyman and tradesman for home, garden and recreational use.
Einhell’s product policy is based on the ability to react faster and be more flexible and innovative than the competition. The scope of Einhell’s international operations reflects the global orientation of the company’s customer base. Subsidiaries and affiliated partners around the globe ensure proximity to customers who conduct business throughout the world. Einhell currently has approximately 1400 employees worldwide. The corporate turnover is about € 379.9 million. Einhell is located in over 58 countries worldwide with 36 subsidiaries and various sales partners. Einhell is listed on the stock exchange since 1987.
Einhell China was set up in 1994. As China is the most important purchasing market for the Einhell Germany AG, Einhell China set up a strong engineering department to ensure products are made in strict compliance with Einhell quality guidelines and can be delivered to customers on time.
|About this job:
- Set up and leading Power Tools & Garden Tools Accessories Category under lead of Purchase Director and Managing Director of Einhell China
- Contact person for overseas entity in regards to purchasing activities in China
- Focus on Power Tools and Garden Tools Accessories category development, about sourcing, quotation, costing analyse, price negotiation, new supplier development.
- Set up and maintain project plan and follow up, especially in difficult section, ensure project development under control
- Support and control the project-teams during project execution of Power Tool & Garden Tools Accessories Category
- Coordinate and contribute to maintain and updating of all cross-divisional cooperation, work flow and process
- Communicate and maintain the relationship with the suppliers, partners to ensure the technical cooperation and project execution can be conducted smoothly
- Closely cooperate with existing Power Tools & Garden Tools Accessories Suppliers and develop new suppliers as same time, effectively ensure the related Category is competitive;
- Have good purchase activities, contracting and price negotiations skill, lead price optimization projects;
- Ensure coordination of product testing, factory audit, social responsibility, shipment delivery, quality complain, to support headquarter and operation companies
- Ensure the projects complete and achieve in system, maintain hard copy and electronic files, histories, and statistical analysis on assigned program inventory activities
- Gain market intelligence and provide feedback to Purchasing Director & Managing Director regarding market conditions;
- Performance management of Power Tools & Garden Tools Accessories Category incl. supplier performance management, division performance management, product development performance etc.
- Ensure that employees are given proper training, tools, and resources to execute their responsibilities
- Develop, motivate and challenge employees to perform to their full engagement
- University degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering or related field with strong technical and engineering understanding
- Above 10 years working experience in Purchasing / Sourcing Function, and at least 5 years in international trade company with the relevant field, Power tools & Garden Tools Accessories items , and Min. 5 years of above experience of leadership to be documented
- Global DIY background with the knowledge for power tool and garden tool accessories
- Familiar with purchasing process, strong ability of quality control and delivery time control
- Demonstrated strong communication skills to work with internal and external contacts at all levels within the organization, existing network/ability to establish networks
- Strong negotiation skill and cost sense
- Very good verbal and written capability in English, additional German is a plus
- Honest, self-motivated, independent, performance driven, innovative, initiative, work under pressure
- Team work spirit and ability to work with limited supervision, strong organizational and project management skills