For Applicants

button_BrochureThe CGYIEP provides German youths with the opportunity to gain valuable international work experience in companies and institutions of different industries in China. You can find the current internship offers from companies and institutions in China for German students on the “German Interns” sub-page of the DE Job Market website and then go through the recruitment process and interview procedures with the employers. After you are accepted by an employer, you will then sign an internship contract with the receiving company or institution and start the internship in China after preparing the related documents and applying for the visa, work permit, etc.

General flow chart:

Early Bierdr_DE_Job_Market_2017

Please click here to download the detailed description of the whole procedure.

Q & A

German citizens who are:

  1. at least 18 and under 35 years old on the first day of the internship
  2. studying for at least 4 semesters Bachelor, or studying Master or Doctorate degree in universities or in technical and vocational schools in Germany
  3. graduate from German university or college, technical and vocational schools who have graduated for less than 12 months

Please note that the internship should reflect an area in which the intern will acquire or hold a degree or qualification. Furthermore, the internship should not exceed 6 months.

For details, please kindly find Section 1 in “Terms and Conditions of China-Germany Youth Interns Exchange Programme”.

The internship should not exceed six months but can be shorter than six months.
You should sign an internship contract with the employer in China (this contract needs to be in Chinese, or at least must also have a Chinese version) and the Data Privacy Statement and Consent Form. After that, the employer should send the Internship Permit to you for you to apply for a visa with the name Z Visa (China-Germany Youth Interns Exchange Programme).
The German intern should apply for a Z visa (China-Germany Interns Exchange Programme) at the Chinese visa-issuing authority in Germany.

That depends on how long the intern will stay in China. A German intern who stays in China for less than 30 days does not need to apply for the Work-type Residence Permit. If the internship is 30 days or above, the intern should apply to the public security organ (出入境管理部门) for the Work-type Residence Permit (China-Germany Youth Interns Exchange Programme) within 30 days of entry by holding his/her Z visa and the Internship Permit or Work Permit for Foreigners.

A German intern who comes to China for an internship of more than 90 days (not including 90 days) should apply for the Work Permit for Foreigners (China-Germany Youth Interns Exchange Programme) to the local authority for the administration of foreigners working in China (外专局) within 15 days of entry with the following documents:

  1. Internship Permit, i.e. Notification of Work Permit for Foreigners (China-Germany Youth Interns Exchange Programme);
  2. Z visa;
  3. Internship contract.

You must hold an international medical insurance (with an amount of insurance not less than 30,000 Euro, covering medical and hospitalization expenses, i.e. treatment expenses that may incur during the stay in China or the expenses for the transport back to Germany). This insurance, however, has to be part of your internship contract and can therefore differ from employer to employer.

Social insurance is not mandatory.

Because German students can come to China for an internship directly, a student visa is not necessary. And, Germans students in technical schools or vocational schools, and German graduates (if graduation is less than 12 months ago) are also eligible for this programme.
You must apply for the visa in Germany. Therefore, you must go back to Germany and go through the standard process.
Only if the initial application failed. Internship applicants, who already successfully participated in this programme once, are not allowed to apply again.

Download Documents for

Beijing, Tianjin, Heilongjiang, Jilin, Liaoning, Hebei, Shanxi, Shaanxi, Inner Mongolia
Shanghai, Shandong, Henan, Hubei, Jiangsu, Anhui, Zhejiang, Jiangxi
Guangdong, Guangxi, Fujian, Yunnan, Hainan, Hunan, Guizhou, Chongqing, Sichuan

Follow us on WeChat

Stay informed about top jobs of German companies and apply now through WeChat